A SubWiki is a part of a wiki that - almost, as far as possible - behaves like a separate wiki. No other wiki engine supports SubWikis as fully as ProWiki does.
Typical features of a SubWiki:
Typical reasons for a SubWiki:
- isolated RecentChanges (The parent wiki may or may not see the SubWiki activity)
- separate page index
- separate search for the SubWiki pages (optionally for all wiki pages)
- complete configuration options (including template, language, access right, whatever)
- A SubWiki may contain further SubWikis recursively
- The higher level of the wiki becomes - almost - invisible
- to support a foreign language user group
- to have a collaboration space for a specific project that
- is more open or more closed than the rest of the wiki
- needs to have a clearly visible different identity or feature set
- to provide workspaces for users
The SubWiki feature is controlled by the Option/SubWiki.
It would be good to have an example of a SubWiki here at this wiki. But also there are subwikis elsewhere:
See the Context pages. Here is a list of context pages at this wiki!
FolderGlossary FolderStructures FolderWikiFeatures