These are D projects that were inspired by or are comparable to a Boost library (the Boost project is a set of free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries).
- variant-type library (D port of boost::any)
- Announcement (and download): NG:digitalmars.D.announce/4827
- Author: Marcin Kuszczak
- template library similar to boost::bind
- Announcement: NG:digitalmars.D.announce/4116
- Download: http://h3.team0xf.com/Bind.d
- Author: Tomasz Stachowiak ("h3r3tic")
- It's pretty similar, as it's the original Bind (which was inspired by boost::bind) updated to use variadic templates, with added inout/out and default parameters support. std.bind is the same as the bind2.zip download - Tom
- Nova "contains template classes for intrusive datastructures in the spirit of boost::intrusive" ( DsourceTopic:1497).
Projects similar to boost::serialization
Almost all features of Boost serializer are implemented in similar (but extended) manner. Only serialization of objects from base class reference is still waiting implementation.
"It has far less features than boost::serialization but is already in a very usable state: FreeUniverse, a D game based on the Arc library, uses it for writing and loading savegames as well as other persistant state information." ( NG:digitalmars.D.announce/5316)
- Signal Slots library (inspired by boost::signals)
- Announcement: NG:digitalmars.D.announce/4825
- Author: Lutger Blijdestijn
- spiritd - "A port of boost::spirit (classic) to D. For d1/d2" ( announcement)
- dparser: "It supports |, ?, * and +. The input looks a lot like BNF as well." ( NG:digitalmars.D/49900)
- part of Dbuild
- Dbuild is an attempt at a comprehensive build solution for D. It used an implementation of Boost::Spirit in D ( http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsp/trunk/misc/dbuild/parser/). (dead link)
- Dbuild was "mothballed" due to the quality of "vastly superior" Bud (formerly known as "Build") ( DsourceTopic:497)
- part of Apropos