Refactoring pages is like refactoring code. Fix, cleanup, delete, restructure, but above all, improve the page.
Some things to fix:
- Grammar, spelling errors
- Incorrect facts
- Code examples that contain syntax errors (be careful that you understand what the original author was proposing)
- Threaded discussions. Once the discussion has died down or resolved, transform it into a single balanced narrative.
- Pages with text that is not broken up or headed well.
- Anything that needs it!
- Insults or ad hominem attacks
- Rude or inflammitory comments
- Text sections that are have been clearly superceded or obsoleted (use care here)
- Entries that are denoted with "Delete Me" or something similar
- Again, anything that needs it!