yet another eclipse D editor
- Install Java JRE or SDK from http://www.java.com/.
- Download and install Eclipse ( http://www.eclipse.org/).
- Download http://sark7.nm.ru/stuff/blackbird_110.zip and unzip blackbird.antlr_1.0.0 into the eclipse plugins folder.
- Download http://sark7.nm.ru/stuff/blackbird_120.zip and unzip blackbird.editor_1.2.0 and blackbird.editor_1.2.0 into the eclipse plugins folder.
- You might also need to install the CDT (C/C++ editor, available at http://www.eclipse.org/), but I'm not sure.
Installation tips (from NG:digitalmars.D.announce/949)
You may need to remove the original eclipseD first.
I found that Eclipse can remember the associated program to open the D file. If eclipseD is used to open the D file before, Eclipse uses eclipseD to open it. So remove eclipseD first and restart Eclipse. Eclipse will find blackbird to open D files. Then you can copy the removed eclipseD back again. But eclipse opens the D file using blackbird this time since it remembers blackbird as the associated program to open D files.
Apparently, development of blackbird has been halted due to its author's involvement with DDT (part of the EclipseD project at dsource.org) ( NG:digitalmars.D/30103, NG:digitalmars.D/30113, NG:digitalmars.D/30114).