Kate is part of the KDE desktop environment. (See also: KDevelop)
It uses the KatePart text editor component which supports syntax highlighting for D.
You can use the External Tools feature to make use of any D build tools you might need.
- MDI, window splitting, window tabbing
- Spell checking
- CR, CRLF, LF newline support
- Encoding support (utf-8, utf-16, ascii etc.)
- Encoding conversion
- Regular expression based find & replace
- Powerfull syntax highlighting and bracket matching
- Code and text folding
- Infinite undo/redo support
- Block selection mode
- Auto indentation
- Auto completion support
- Shell integration
- Wide protocol support (http, ftp, ssh, webdav etc.)
- Plugin architecture for the application and editor component
- Customizable shortcuts
- Integrated command line
- Full DCOP scripting
The latest D syntax highlighting can be loaded via the integrated update feature. Select Settings -> Configure Kate -> Editor -> Highlighting -> Download. Currently it supports the syntax of DMD 1.020 / 2.003.
- KDevelop and D ? (with d.xml - this version has some unused regexp code, but works)
- KDevelop and D ?: "I sent the updated highlight file to the kate developers and promised to maintain it from now on. ..."
- DMD 1.011: New syntax highlighting file for language D
- 2007-06-30: Syntax highlighting update for Kate
- 2007-07-24: Improvements to the file since the latest available version 0.38 ( newest d.xml, bug report)