(redirection from Editing Environments)
|Table of contents of this page|
- Must have semantic features, or a GUI-builder, or good debugger integration.
An example of a semantic feature would be code completion (but not just completion of D keywords, which is merely syntactic).
If it is a plugin for an IDE (such as Visual Studio), but the plugin itself only has editor features, place an appropriate note, or don't put it in the IDE category, as you feel appropriate.
|IDE||Platform||Notes||Version||Last known activity*|
| VisualD||Windows||Visual Studio plugin written in D with code completion building and debugging support||0.3.40||2015-05-10|
| DDT||Cross-platform (Java)||Eclipse-based|| 0.8.1||2013-09-23|
| Mono-D||Cross-platform (Mono)||(Monodevelop Addin) Code Completion/Refactoring etc. + dmd/ldc/gdc support||1.5.2||2014-02-13|
| D-IDE||Windows (.NET)||Full IDE with Code Completion and Debugging Support|| ||2013-07-06|
|Code::Blocks||Linux/Windows/Mac OS X/FreeBSD (wxWidgets)||Codecompletion works partial.||10.05||2010-05-30 (latest binary release)|
2012-11-27 (SVN activity for IDE)
|Poseidon||Windows-only?||written in D|| ||2010-07-18|
|Entice Designer||Windows-only?||editor & GUI builder ( DFL / DWT)|| 0.8.5 released||2008-03-13|
|UNA||Cross-platform (Java)|| || ||2008-07-25|
|Xcode||OS X|| D for Xcode plugin||1.2.1||2011-01-16|
[*] From news on official website or latest SVN activity.
Editors with good support
- Must have syntax highlighting that lexes D correctly (nested comments, the various string literals, etc.)
- Preferably also Unicode support (place a note if it doesn't).
- These editors are general purpose programming editors, sometimes with syntax highlighting for D, but there is no lexing of the language
- Obvious abandoned projects
|IDE||Platform||Notes||Version||Last known activity|
|SkyIDE||Windows||Full IDE|| ||unknown|
|Descent||Cross-platform (Java)||Eclipse-based. Dead as of 2010-10-08.||0.5.6.20091119||2009-11-19|
- Editor only: supports only simple editor features such as syntax highlighting.
- Eclipse-based: see EclipseEditor for more info on Eclipse based IDEs.